Let’s Recycle Smarter!
What can you recycle?
1. Glass: glass jars and glass bottles (any colour)
2. Plastic: water bottles, household products, plastic bags
3. Paper: newspapers, cardboard boxes, phone books, shredded paper
4. Metal: metal lids, food cans, clean aluminium foil plates and containers
Recyclable but should not be placed in curbside bins:
• Plastic bags
These items need to be recycled by a licensed recycler.
You cannot recycle:
• Light bulbs
• Food waste
• Motor oil containers
• Hazardous waste
• Ceramics or dishes
• Window glass
The benefits of waste recycling
• Saves resources
• Creates jobs
• Reduces waste and landfills
• Conserves energy